Having received no acknowledgement in 14 days I am posting this here (Aodhan O’Riordain is the Irish Minister for Equality). I was going to let him off this time because it’s Christmas – until I saw what he did to refugees :
Dear Aodhan O’Riordain,
Your understanding of the make up of “Turn Off the Red Light” seems woefully incomplete so, FYI:
“I will outline for the House the organisations who have been involved in this campaign, who have been described as radical feminists and right-wing extremists [NB Incorrect they were described as “the religious right”]. They include AkiDwA, Barnardos, the Children’s Rights Alliance, Doras Luimní, the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre, Focus Ireland, the Immigrant Council of Ireland, IMPACT trade union, the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation, my party, the Labour Party – perhaps we are radical feminists – One in Four, Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre, the Public Service Executive Union committee, Rape Crisis Network Ireland, Unite and Women’s Aid. Rather than dismissing those groups of individuals who have come to this point of view”
- AkiDwA – radical feminist
- Barnardos – religious right…long term affiliation with Good Shepherd sisters going back to at least 1990 including joint property ownership
- The Children’s Rights Alliance – religious right having a board member from Atlantic Philathropies, radical feminist with Denise Charlton on the board.
- Doras Luimní, – religious right…Sisters of Mercy, Atlantic Philanthropies
- the Dublin Rape Crisis Centre – radical feminist
- Focus Ireland – religious right founded under Religious Sisters of Charity
- the Immigrant Council of Ireland – religious right under auspices of Sisters of Charity, radical feminist through Denise Charlton
- IMPACT trade union – board need support of radical feminist lobby from the gay community controlled by Denise Charlton
- the Irish Nurses and Midwives Organisation – board need support of radical feminist lobby from the gay community controlled by Denise Charlton
- the Labour Party – “perhaps we are radical feminists?” – No, but you are terrified of losing the radical feminist vote from the gay community controlled by Denise Charlton
- One in Four – radical feminist and religious right
- Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre – religious right…traveler widows still tend not to remarry…sex work is considered worse than death and the ingrained cultural imperatives make the Taliban look like a swingers’ group – significant dependence on support from radical feminist lobby too.
- Public Service Executive Union committee – board need support of radical feminist lobby from the gay community controlled by Denise Charlton
- Rape Crisis Network Ireland – radical feminist
- Unite – board need support of radical feminist lobby from the gay community controlled by Denise Charlton
- Women’s Aid – radical feminist
The whole of “Civil Society” is more like a game of monopoly for power and profit for remarkably few players than anything else these days.
I agree with every word David Norris and Mary White said, STUNNED by how well they had understood reality, and I was a survival sex worker on the street for years. I hated it.
You may wonder how someone who could figure out all the above wound up as a street walker…if so, why not fill a hall, add a couple of TV cameras and I will sit down and tell you…the truth…not the populist BS…I will even edit out all the actionable bits so it can go out live…but something tells me that the truth is the LAST thing you will ever allow to be broadcast to the nation.
Cheer up, if the legislation goes through it won’t kill more than 20 or 30 desperate people before it is finally rescinded in the horror it deserves, of course it will probably kill a lot more people very slowly and painfully from the inside out and shatter hundreds of families…but hey…no broken eggs = no omelet…