- Ensure law enforcement establish a routine of informing us immediately in every case of arrest.
- Offer support to prostituted person.
- Explain that the charges against them could lead to a prison sentence.
- Explain that law enforcement will be willing release them on bail at once into our custody if they have been trafficked or coerced.
- Offer refreshments and, to help them decide, discuss, in a general way (without breaching confidentiality), the statements other survivors of prostitution in our service have made.
- Explain the services we have to offer.
- Explain that if they remain in our service and make a formal statement of the abuse they have suffered the charges will be dropped.