- Everybody is different, even the psycho-socially disabled, it comes bundled with the human condition.
- Not everyone with the same diagnosis responds to the same treatment.
- Not every diagnosis is right first time.
- If the treatment isn’t working it is probably the wrong treatment and may be causing harm.
- If a diagnosis is “atypical” it may be the wrong diagnosis
- The psycho-socially disabled are not unexploded aliens, if you ask us questions we can often give useful answers.
- If the treatment isn’t working and/or the diagnosis is wrong make us (NOT YOU) as comfortable as possible while you research the right diagnosis and treatment.
- When you hit a wall of “don’t know” go and learn, you are paid to care for us, we are not paid to suffer your mistakes.
- Don’t worry about upsetting us, if you don’t know be honest and we can find the answer together.